Friday, January 22, 2010

Ringa Ringa Roses :)

For the past two months I have been staying at the ashram! Every single day at the ashram has its own story and learning !
Here is one interesting incidence that happened recently.

Being in the "Events team" at the ashram, we are the ones who need to arrange all the requirements for various courses that happen at the ashram ( which includes right from fixing up a venue, providing sound system, water, a teacher etc ). Very often I end up conducting the morning Yoga sessions for different courses.

One morning I had a yoga session for the 'Blessing's Course'. But the more important and challenging thing was... The night before, at 11pm I got an sms from 'Alex' that 10 roses with stems are required for Blessings course at 6:30 am! My yoga session started at 6 am... I called up Ganesh ( another events team member )... And he and me obviously were upset about the 'timely' message... He told me to tell 'Bina' ( the lady who usually arranged for the flowers ). I messaged Bina, and got an instant 'sorry can't arrange' reply! I called back Alex and gave it to him and asked why he hadn't sent me the message earlier & why did he not send the message to anyone else from our team ? But then it was not his fault also... Actually my phone battery had conked off...


Basically, it was neither his fault nor mine... The situation could have been avoided, had he messaged to other team members... The situation could also have been avoided if I had got my phone charged earlier ! Infact the situation could have been avoided if so many things had happened or not have happened! Thats when I realized one thing... In times of crises, instead of looking for solutions, very often we start finding out 'whom to blame' ! So, I messaged back to Alex "Sorry, its not your fault... I'll manage somehow"... And thats when I learned another thing! If we take the ownership of a mistake that has happened, we start getting support... Prompt came his reply "Its ok... If there is any problem in the morning, let me know, I'll help you :)"...

So, now I went on to seeing how to solve the problem... I called up Ganesh, he said that there are some people who come and sell flowers near the ashram kitchen at 6 am, and then he assured me that we'll manage somehow... That line gave me so much assurance, that I went to sleep peacefully ( I took that "we'll manage something" as "he'll manage something")... Next morning at 5am or so, I get this message from Ganesh " The time at which they start selling flowers near the kitchen is not sure... The flowers are not arranged !" What a beginning to a day I thought ! Then I started having this feeling that Ganesh is playing a prank on me! While getting ready to take the yoga session I made few phone calls here and there ( just in case, it is not a prank! )... Finally I went to wake up a 'Rajiv' who stays below my block... He gave a contact of another guy, who actually gets flowers for the ashram everytime... That guy told me that people near kitchen start selling flowers at 6... Now my feeling that Ganesh is fooling me increased! Nevertheless I told Rajiv that he would be the backup guy... In case everything fails, he would go on his bike and get the flowers from nearby village or city if required... one more possibility came up... To get roses from Guruji's Kutir... Now there were several options... I passed on these options to Ganesh and happily started the yoga session... I was still thinking that Ganesh would manage it ( All this while I was thinking that he is playing a prank on me and he already has a way to arrange it !) ! It was 6:45am and the flowers didn't arrive ! I thought, now the prank is getting too much ! 6:53am Swami Sadhyojataji ( The teacher of the blessings course arrived )... As soon as he entered, he looked at me and asked " Flowers arranged ? "... I said, "Actually we got the message only at 11pm, but, I'll just get it!"... He said " ok... 25 mins " and smiled... I said " Ya sure" with a smile... Now... I had no idea what was happening... I called up Ganesh... He sounded quite intense and told me that he had checked in the neighboring village, and also near the kitchen ! There are no flowers! Thats when I realized that it was NOT a prank !!! Now, there were hardly 20 mins and.......

Any guesses what happened next ? Next post is coming on tuesday (16 feb )...

Ps: Guesses only for those whom I haven't told the story :)...


9 comments:

Aditi Arora Rana said...

intresting,,,,
am eager to know,,,n my gut feeling says this is a Guru story
:)

ANKIT MITTAL said...

Somebody Gifts you a bouquet of roses!!!!

Unknown said...

hi i think Swami Ji too playing prank just like a ragging all Ganesh & other guys you mention want to test or something like that
hope everything goes fine

Unknown said...

dis is reli interesting...m sure,the magic of guru grace worked...rite??
waitin 4 d climax!

togetherinlife said...

Yes, its another Guru story :-)

AparnA said...

well... its going to be a happy ending.. BUT reading your post i got to learn how small our perception is... in every situation we think that its the end.. i am screwed and fail to look it as a whole-like universe is with us etcc.. :) i guess in most of the case we end up pretty good :)

ViShaL MeRaNi said...

@ Aparna... What a wonderful insight... Actually your statement made me think and one more realization dawned... getting a bunch of roses may seem like nothing. Only because WHO was asking and for what purpose was it being used added that pressure! Actually... Even WHO was asking doesn't matter... What value I attach to getting that bunch mattered !!! Finally its all our decision!

Tee-hee said...

True bhaiya, I agree with you. Its the value We attach to things that make 'em matter... Anyhow, enough with it already! What happens next?!!!

Unknown said...

Maybe somebody brought Flowers 4 Guruji bt didnt find him so gave it to u for u r the Chote Guruji ;)
Maybe u got roses from Kutir...
Maybe evrybdy planned to play prank on u to test ur 'Art of Living'
or maybe I am a vey bad Guesser :P
so I better wait till tues :)
1 thing 4 sure..Its a 'Guru Guru Jai Jai' Guru story :)
Hmm...as soon as we attach some value to things..scenerio changes :)
Nice....jgd...