Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Holland - Delft

I was just scanning through my picture album and came across some photos of my europe stay... After spending a year at Dresden ( Germany ), I spent my second year of masters at Delft ( Holland )... Holland is a country 1/3 of which is below sea level ! Its populated with really tall and human beings ( avg height of men is more than 6 feet 1 )... Here are some pics during my stay there...

This is the 13th floor where one of my friend (Manoj ) stayed... we used to meet up very often and cook and eat our food together...



Holland has a lot of people from Suryanam ( it was a dutch colony in South America and has a large population of migrated Indians ( Biharis ). Holi is celebrated very nicely by the Suryanamese there. The pic below is with Mandar Apte, he is the guy who got me back into art of living !


Den Haag ( The Hague ) is a city about 10 -15 mins ( by train ) from Delft. It has a beautiful beach and there are trampolines at the beach side... Summers over there were simply awesome ! And by the way how do u find my long hair 60's look ;)...




Holland is a beautiful place with loads of rainfall round the year... Some really strong winds at times !


With its capital as Amsterdam, Holland is really famous for a lot of things... like the Tulip Garden ( now what were u thinking ;) )...


Holland is also famous for many other things also like art, museums, windmills, dykes, bicycles, cheese... and ofcourse drugs and prostitution !

My entire stay at Europe, was superb! Had an amazing scholarship, was studying at one of the topmost universities in the world in a world renowned lab, had a car of my own, had a German girlfriend, had a nice set friends, very often traveled around the country and the continent.

Although seemingly it was all superb, I felt some kind of emptiness deep inside... some kind of vacuum... Nothing could really fill that vacuum... No amount of going to the beach, partying, sports, gym, lab work, studies, spending time with friends/girlfriend, TV, talking on the phone or anything could really do anything to fill that... All it could do was... give me some consolation for some time and then I'm back with the same emptiness ! I had everything yet nothing ! Life had become juice-less !! Until............ will continue some other time....





6 comments:

vinay said...

Nice pictures and a nice Vishal Merani. You are loooking like a Bollywood hero.

Sonia said...

nice post bhaiya...............

Prateek Neema said...

I think I would get the ans for the que I have asked, but still I will wait till u finish it off..

Akshar said...

OMG, the winds are really strong....and your long hair looks amazing!

Priyanka said...

A completely new Vishal....nice pics....and yeah the winds are really strong...German girlfriend and all haan.....never knew that :) ...Truly said.. at times inspite of having your loved ones besides you....there is a void....as u said an emptiness....Nothing seems to fill that void....Happens with me all the time....But as Guruji says...Be with that void....Dont try to get rid of it....Let it persist...And you will find that fullness within you....never ending joy!!! :) Jai Gurudev

ananya said...

i think i can really relate to what u have written here. i feel a similar kind of emptiness in my life but i feel trapped in it and just cant get out!! AOL seems to fill in that emptiness and i feel attracted to AOL so badly that i feel like leaving everything around me and be there, but that becomes so unrealistic, feel like i m loosing my normal life!! well may be i ll get some of my ans in ur next post!
P.S: u look horrible in long hair... sorry for the comment :P