Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Why to look Good ?

There was a phase in my life... I used to spend a lot of time in front of the mirror... Combing my hair, changing hairstyles, making funny faces, looking at my body... admiring myself...commenting on myself... etc...

One day I had this question... Why do I want to look good? So that people look at me? So that people get attracted to me? So that people come and speak to me? So that they take care of me? That day I decided... I don't want to look good ! I want to look bad... I want to look ugly ! I wanted to check, will people still love me?

So, I started growing my hair, beard, didn't care about what I wore, and made sure that I didn't wear something that looked very nice... I had started looking not cool at all ! I noticed that now, I didn't care to come in front of the camera if someone took a pic... I started noticing that some people would not talk properly to me, some would ignore me, some would even run away from me, some would talk with pity !

Another thing that I noticed was... I had started looking really horrible ! Long uncombed hair with scanty beard already looked yuk... but to add further, I had a fall on ice and got my eye swollen, and then I hit the same spot again... and the swelling only increased ! I cut my tongue... with all that I had started to look like a ghost !


Thats when this thing struck me... I had decided to look ugly, so the nature also started to support me! Thats when I realized the power of my thought, and the unseen universe helping me to manifest my thoughts ( watch the movie/book "The Secret" )... And then I realized, OK... One ought to look presentable so that people atleast talk to me without pity or being repelled! And not be obsessed with LOOKS :) !

7 comments:

Preeti said...

:-)

i see so many changes from when you first wrote to now...there is a maturity and a mellowness or rather a peacefulness which is very endearing and infectious. And it is always a pleasure to read what you've written. because it is so beautiful..

and i have also noticed how the universe conspires to make sure that you get exactly what you want...be it bad or good...so yes it is ultimately up to us to harmonize with our souls with everything that surrounds us so that there can be peace and happiness everywhere...

having said that i should also add that we forget that a soul is universal and we are all one...but we are also ones who build walls and separate ourselves from others...

sigh!!!

Madhuri Kaushik said...

Life after TTC sure has been crazy :) Nice blog, I liked your pic too. You write really well, I really think you should blog about how you became a full time teacher...TC and hope to see u soon in ashram sometime

amazingly superb grace said...

u actually lukd horrible in those luks....

komal said...

hmm really vishal what ur trying to convey is sosososo true when u really want something and work towards it,even the Gods , angels and nature will support you even if its looking ugly ..you write really well, do update ur blog more often.. and also how u got back in2 art of living..also i loved reading ur post.. btw amsterdam happenes to be my fav city in europe.... ur lucky u got 2 spend a year in Holland...JGD..

Tee-hee said...

Thumbs up! :)

ANKIT MITTAL said...

you have taken up a really good example to put forward the concept !!!!!!
I guess anybody can relate to this....Keep up the good work of relating fundas to real life ....

Daffodils said...

hey! guess what?? I TRULY believe in the philosophy of "The Secret".
It is true that you do get what you really want!!
For me, each day, more dreams are coming true....
Wondering why I'm commenting on your blog?? Well... I was looking for people who follow "The Secret" tht's all!
And how do I know you?? I'm a student at Alliance Française de Delhi. Attended your youth-empowerment workshop... Good-work!!