Thursday, July 2, 2009

Intro talk to Traffic Police

I was on my way to IIM - Bangalore for an appointment, when a traffic cop stopped me! Every-time a cop stops me, I usually feel this sudden something ( not very pleasing ) in the stomach... This time also the same thing happened... but it vanished very soon... Surprisingly I was very calm and composed! The cop said park it right at the corner of the road and so I did...



All begin with the same first line... " license, car papers, insurance, pollution test please "... In that one breath they demand so much! I was only able to manage my original license, and the photocopy of the car registration... I decided ' I will not lie ' and then I got off my car with a smiling face... The reason I was stopped was that, the car had a 'Chandigarh' registration... All non Karnataka registered vehicles are supposed to pay a tax to the state ( otherwise the car is seized until one pays the tax which was around Rs. 20,000 )! He asked me... "whose car is it ?"... I said its my parent's car... "we are from defense" I added... Everything seemed to become fine ( usually they don't fine defense people) ... and then he asked me "which unit does your father working in?"... Now since I had decided I would not lie... I said "He retired less than a year ago"...

And that was it ! He said that means he is not in the defense any more... He said "your car will have to be seized"... After some persuation and convincing, he came down to saying that he would allow me to take the car, provided I fill the form of tax payment there and then, and leave my original driving license with him... He then started filling the form... Somehow Art of Living also came up... and while he was filling the form, I told him... "Sir, you please do the course... Its a very nice course"... He stopped filling and started talking about god... then he told me that he has been to the ashram and loved the place... Then I proposed to him to do the weekend course at the ashram ( fri, sat, sun )... He said, "You know I'm a very short tempered person...Do I look like one ?" he asked me... Then he said everyone at his office are really irritated and annoyed with him all the time... the moment they see him they say... look "tension mahadev" has come... Suddenly he stopped filling the form... He said.. you are a teacher with Guruji right? I didn't believe it earlier... But now I believe.. You are doing such great work... You please go !!

I was like... "Are you sure"... I mean you have some rules to follow... He said... I'm sure.. You please go... He then took my phone number and told me that he would contact me when he comes to the ashram... I again urged him to do the course as soon as possible... He smiled... and we left...

One never knows, who is waiting for you to tell them about the course !

7 comments:

love moves around said...

definitely..it has to be guruji's grace

vinay said...

Wow! Guruji rocks

Unknown said...

N the funniest part is dat he is ready to fine u n u r telling him about AOL ka course... ;)
Bravo !!!Seriously,u nvr knw who is waitin 4 u under wat circumstances to be told about the 'Art of Living'...
Joy Gurudev :) ;)

pallavi said...

wow u did not lose ur tempr this time................
n it was all guru grace........

nands said...

Great! :)

Prakirtee said...

wow!! impressive :) way of grace indeed hmm! i smiled throughout reading this one. u r blessed :)

kaushik said...

Enjoyed your amazing story through your blog...its very well written.My story has an echo of yours though have not crossed the bridge which you have :=).

Would love to meet sometime.

regards,
kaushik