Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Coming from Holland

Continuing the "Holland-Delft"post... I was out of art of living activities during my stay in Germany and a part of my stay in Holland ( I was totally into AOL for 3 years while at IIT! )... Those days I used to think AOL ( Art of Living ) was for the masses, not for me. I felt I was very special, very deep and profound, and I felt AOL could not really attend to me personally ( by the way I still believe that I am very special... and each one of us is ! :) )... So, I had started practicing some other intense and rigorous technique about which I'll write some other time...

After staying in Holland, slowly but surely I started getting back into AOL... I'm still great full to Mandar apte whose gentle and persistent efforts got me back to AOL! Once I was back on the AOL track I started following the three S's - Seva Sadhna & Satsang ( I described 3 S's in the last para of "wake up") very sincerely... And so I decided to assist in a part-I course planned to be taken by Mandar bhai... I was let down by the people at the center... I was told that only those who have done TTC ( Teacher Training Course ) phase 1 can assist in courses, and that I can only sit and repeat the course..... Repeating the course was absolute JOY! That was the time I experienced the importance of lightness required to attain profound knowledge ! At this juncture I decided to postpone the rigorous technique ( which I was following ) for some other time, as I was not doing justice to it and start Sudarshan Kriya again! Now there was no stopping... I just wanted to do TTC - 1 and start assisting in courses and do seva... I also went to the German Ashram and did an advanced ( Part 2 ) course there...


I had it all planned up for myself... My Masters would finish by August ( 2007 ), I would undergo the TTC -1 starting in August in India. Then I would travel around India doing some seva in villages, meet my relatives around the country, then come back to Holland and start with fancy consulting job at Amsterdam in November, start to work and do seva (I would be officially assisting courses!)... Even my stay at Holland was planned... A friend of mine from IIT Madras (placed in the same company) and me would share a flat ( maybe near some beach )... I was so excited about the plan !

This was what I had planned !!! Apparently, divine had some other plans for me.... To be continued after I get atleast some comments asking me to continue ;) ...



32 comments:

ANKIT MITTAL said...

Hey Vishal....Complete it yaar !!!

Faith Lasts said...

Enjoy reading your stuff!!! Keep writing
Jai Gurudev

Unknown said...

Of course, complete it. Very interested in knowing why you gave up your job went into AOL.

Cheers

Unknown said...

Don't give silly excuses that you want us to ask you to continue, you were just too lazy to write.. ha ha : )

Love your blog, and loving your experiences... please continue writing!! : )

ViShaL MeRaNi said...

sid... hehe... nice one... actually it was getting too long and complicated to post in one single post... so I decided to split it... also.. I wanted to know.. who all are actually reading my blog...

Siddharth said...

Hmm... So now write!

soundsfunny.tk

Hyde'rabadi' said...

Waiting to hear the rest of the story....complete it Bhalu!

- Archana Suresh

Diabolic said...

present

Ruby Merani said...

batao,batao,batao phir kya hua :)?

Tee-hee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tee-hee said...

I kinda know how the story goes, so won't force ya! :P.... Kidding! Finish it, bhaiya :)

- Ashe

Akshar said...

please complete it...vishal bhaiya!

ira said...

arre i definitely want to know what made u change these perfect plans!!!also now u know i read ur blogs...

Unknown said...

Thank god,u wrote sumthin finally :)
It ws nice..n do continue
Waitin for ur nxt post..
Lets hope dat we don hav 2 wait 4 another month to read ur continuation.. :)
JGD :)

Sid said...

hey..complete it..no nakhras :)

vinay said...

Complete it vishal

pallavi said...

wats this ya...............
eagely watin for the rest of it....
plz plz complete it ya....

kanishka said...

hey vishal...waiting to hear the rest of the story! JGD!

Anshika said...

this is really going nice..

Mandar said...

I am touched!

Unknown said...

Oh..So,its U who got him back into AOL.. :)
We r Grateful :) :)

Unknown said...

can u pl elaborate wat made u leav ur such flourishing career...& join dis...i cant really understandd..pl elaborate...

ViShaL MeRaNi said...

You have to experience (atleast a little ) it to understand it :)...

Unknown said...

well vishal bhaiya,how do u know i havnt experienced or hav bn in suchh a situation.......?

ViShaL MeRaNi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ViShaL MeRaNi said...

So then ask me exactly what you cannot understand ? and what you have experienced :)...

Unknown said...

see i m an iit aspirant...u maybe ryt @ ur place but it is difficuult to understnd dat y r u not reaping d benefits + luxury of all hardwork u & ur family(especially ur mom) hav put in for u to bcum such an accomplished engineer...even though i dont hav such an experience lik urs but ya,still u cud hav continued wid ur job(&& side by side do AOL)...
EXCEPTION IS IF U NEVER HAD DAT PASSION FOR SCIENCE...

Unknown said...

@ Sumirswarup
Well,i feel dat not continuing wd the job doesnt mean lack of passion for science..It simply reflects his dedication and intensity of involvement in Guruji's vision :)
If ur wrk keeps U,ur parents and everybdy arnd u happy n satisfied and moreover inspires n transfrms ppl, it is worth quitting evrythn else :)
Right??

Unknown said...

first thing,,ok f9 u love science...then r u contributing to its development...?
i dont think so...so it dint mak sense...+ u wasted a seat in suuch a prestigious institution dat myt hav given oppurtunity to sum other guy...&& after all u hav to be back dat u owe to ur parents,country,skl....in watever way u can...i& in dis case i think development of science & contributing to globalisation...corrct me if i m wrong...!

Unknown said...

Developing science..Is dat only restricted to doin researches n inventions??
I think he is developing n researching the most unexplored area of Science-the Science of Breath..the Science of Self :)
Wasting Seat?? :)
Education widout monetary outcomes is worthless for u,i guess.. But dat is nt the aim of knwledge..
He nvr wasted his seat.He ws one of the brightest stdnts at IITD n ws awarded the Erasmus Mundus scholarship..So I thnk he did fair justice to his role as a student..
Good Learner :)
Its all about learning only na n nt js about hw mch u r earning..
Earning!!he is earning so much respect, love,blessings,admiration etc etc..Way Better than ne MNC job :)
"u hav to be back dat u owe to ur parents,country,skl....in watever way u can" He is doin much more than dat :)

"i dont think so...so it dint mak sense..."
Trust me...Some things never make sense ;) :)
Stop thinkin n jus open ur eyes..
JGD :)

Unknown said...

okhay...!thanx for d clarification...& ya,i know he is a bright student but i doesnt mean here monetary bnefits but development...thanx...keep doing d gud job...tc

YN said...

Hi Vishal..its interesting to read your blogs....keep writing...it seems the whole world is reading or soon will be reading...

Regards
Yatin Narang